Houston Dust Mites
Dust mites are microscopic organisms found in every home. They typically don’t carry diseases, but that doesn’t mean they’re harmless.
It’s estimated by the American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology that roughly 10 percent of Americans suffer from dust mite allergies.
Dust mites prefer heat, humidity, darkness, dirt and dust.
That means your basement, furnished or not, is an ideal environment. There are simple ways to keep dust mites out of your home, and protect your family and friends.
These techniques include climate control, changing the flooring and furniture, and frequent, thorough cleaning.
To prevent infestation of dust mites:
- Try to get as much sunshine as possible into the basement; you may even consider remodeling with basement windows.
- Keep the basement temperature below 70 degrees Fahrenheit and 50 percent humidity.
- Use an air purifier to reduce dust.
- Replace furnace and air conditioner filters monthly with high-quality anti-microbial filters which trap allergens.
- Replace carpets with tile or vinyl flooring.
- Use synthetic bedding in the basement such as artificial memory foam.
- Leave sheets open during the day. Making the bed can seal dust mites in an ideal warm, humid breeding ground.
- Wash your bedding weekly in water hotter than 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Vacuum thoroughly and regularly around the feet of the bed.
Save big with our pest control service plans!
Gulf Coast Exterminators Provides The Best Houston Pest Control For Over 24 Years.
Pest Control Houston company Gulf Coast Exterminators serves over 60 areas and provides affordable, effective service with flexible scheduling, warranties and affordable yet effective Pest Control Service Plans (quarterly programs).
Sam Sanford, owner of Gulf Coast Exterminators
Sam served the Greater Houston Pest Control Association since 1991 with leadership positions such as Secretary (2011), Treasurer (2012), Vice President (2013), President (2014) and Chairman of the Board (2015). We are a part of these pest control organizations: Building Owners and Managers Association International, Texas Professional Real Estate Inspectors Association and the National Pest Management Association.
We have insured, bonded, background checked clean-cut technicians who are well versed in customer service and experienced in all forms of pest control. Each member of our staff is licensed and regulated by the Texas Department of Agriculture Structural Pest Control service. Our Pest Control technicians constantly receive ongoing and extensive training with a combination of monthly in-house training as well as semi-annual third-party training to remain proficient in the latest and most efficient Pest Control techniques available.
Our popular pest control services in Houston are termite control, termite inspection, bed bug treatment, flea control and rodent control. We serve over 60 service areas in Houston for pest control, most popular are Conroe Pest Control, Kingwood Pest Control, Pest Control Sugar Land & Pest Control Katy TX.
Our Business Hours
|Mon||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tue||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wed||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thu||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Fri||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sat||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|